go

Kitchen fire in Lambourn

Firefighters used breathing apparatus to tackle home blaze

John Garvey

Reporter:

John Garvey

Contact:

Mobile

fire engine_newbury

A kitchen fire broke out in Lambourn this morning (Monday, July 10)

Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service (RBFRS) received reports of the fire, in Essex Place, at 11.44am.

RBFRS crews from Newbury were sent to the scene.

Two firefighters in breathing apparatus used one hose reel to extinguish the fire.

Firefighters then ventilated the area affected.

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on Newbury Weekly News

Characters left: 1000

Article comments

  • Chalkie

    Chalkie

    10/07/2017 - 20:08

    Why did sent an engine from Newbury? there is a station in Lambourn and Hungerford

    Reply

All Districts

Francesca completes Spanish pilgrimage epilepsy fundraiser
News

Thatcham woman completes Spanish pilgrimage epilepsy fundraiser

27-year-old with condition treks 500-mile Camino de Santiago for two charities

 
A happy 100th birthday to you Maisie
News

A happy 100th birthday to you Maisie

Hungerford "sparkle of light” celebrates milestone birthday

 
News

Work on next Thatcham flood basin begins 10 years after the floods

2comments

 
News

'Very strong message' to developers after Thatcham appeals turned down

14comments

 
News

Volunteers pack Buddy Bags for children