go

Birds nest cause of Upper Bucklebury chimney fire

Firefighters remove fireplace to tackle blaze

Jane Meredith

Reporter:

Jane Meredith

Contact:

01635 886637

49-0106p-Young-Firefighters

A birds nest caused an Upper Bucklebury chimney fire yesterday evening (Tues).

Two pumps were called at 8.20pm from Newbury Fire Station to Mortons Lane, where a gas fire had ignited debris in the chimney, which did not have a protective cowl over the top.

Firefighters had to remove the fireplace before extinguishing the fire with a hosereel.

No-one was hurt, or evacuated.

Firefighters left the scene at 9.20pm

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on Newbury Weekly News

Characters left: 1000

News

Woman thrown into air after shock from power lines on A339 near Kingsclere
News

Woman thrown into air after shock from power lines on A339 near Kingsclere

Lorry driver receives burns after vehicle comes into contact with live wires

8comments

 
M4 Newbury to Theale lorry fluid leak
News

M4 Newbury to Theale lorry fluid leak

Firefighters called to scene

 
News

Drivers advised to be aware of road closures through West Berkshire

 
News

Woman thrown into air after shock from power lines on A339 near Kingsclere

 
News

Firefighters from two counties at Thatcham house fire