go

Firefighters contain West Ilsley chimney fire.

Blaze prevented from spreading to cottage.

Jane Meredith

Reporter:

Jane Meredith

Contact:

01635 886637

chimney smoke

Firefighters prevented a chimney fire spreading through a West Ilsley cottage yesterday (Thurs) evening.

One fire engine was called at 8pm from Newbury Fire Station, to Copperage Road, where a chimney was discovered to be on fire and billowing thick smoke.

Firefighters rodded and squirted water into the chimney to extinguish the fire.

No damage was caused and no-one was hurt.

Firefighters left the scene at 9.20pm.

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on Newbury Weekly News

Characters left: 1000

News

Queen watches as her horse wins at Newbury races
News

Queen watches as her horse wins at Newbury races

'Call to Mind' wins the Dubai Duty Free Spring Trials

 
Queen spends her 91st birthday at Newbury Racecourse
News

Queen spends her 91st birthday at Newbury Racecourse

Princess Anne joins her mother to watch racing today

2comments

 
News

Crafty Craft is on the horizon!

 
News

Newbury woman jailed for stealing from "vulnerable” victim

 
News

Newbury can compare its strength with Thatcham this weekend