Firefighters contain West Ilsley chimney fire.
Blaze prevented from spreading to cottage.
Firefighters prevented a chimney fire spreading through a West Ilsley cottage yesterday (Thurs) evening.
One fire engine was called at 8pm from Newbury Fire Station, to Copperage Road, where a chimney was discovered to be on fire and billowing thick smoke.
Firefighters rodded and squirted water into the chimney to extinguish the fire.
No damage was caused and no-one was hurt.
Firefighters left the scene at 9.20pm.