go

Roof of Lambourn flat destroyed in fire

Chip pan fire cause of blaze

Jane Meredith

Reporter:

Jane Meredith

Contact:

01635 886637

49-0106p-Young-Firefighters

The roof of a Lambourn flat was destroyed last night (Wed) in a blaze caused by a chip pan fire, with several fire engines at the scene and firefighters battling the fire for over three hours.

Four fire engines were called at 9.10pm, from Hungerford, Lambourn, Newbury and Wantage, to a kitchen fire at a first floor flat at Milden Hall Court, in Oxford Street.

No-one was hurt and the building was evacuated.

The fire was extinguished by four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus, using hosereels and ladders.

The roof of the flat was destroyed in the blaze, according to firefighters at the scene.

The cause was put down to a chip pan fire.

The road was closed for several hours during the incident.

Firefighters left the scene at 12.30am this morning (Thursday).

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on Newbury Weekly News

Characters left: 1000

News

Residents group fights plans for traveller site
News

Residents group fights plans for traveller site

Villagers raise £12,000 to combat building of 13 permanent plots in Silchester

 
West Berkshire residents are more likely to be frequent drinkers
News

West Berkshire residents are more likely to be frequent drinkers

Public Health England reveals 23 per cent of drinkers in West Berkshire considered ‘at risk’

1comment

 
News

Greenham Parish Council to apply for £95,000 Control Tower loan

6comments

 
News

Thatcham woman completes Spanish pilgrimage epilepsy fundraiser

 
News

Woman reunited with missing cat after 11 months

1comment