Newbury children's day nursery evacuated
Smoke-logged building after fuse box fault
A Newbury children's nursery was evacuated this morning (Thurs), following an electrical fire.
Three fire engines, from Newbury, Hungerford and Mortimer - a total 12 firefighters - were called at 10.30am, to a fire at the ground floor of a children's day nursery, in Turnpike Road.
All the children were evacuated from the smoke-logged building.
No-one was injured.
Firefighters used CO2 and a hosereel to extinguish the blaze, before leaving the scene at around 1pm.
Firefighters returned to the scene at 4pm for further checks.
The cause was put down to a faulty fuse box.
Afterwards, nursery proprietor, Jane Tubb, said the children had been evacuated "Well before the building was filled with smoke," she said.