go

Man treated for smoke inhalation at Thatcham kitchen fire

Firefighters from Newbury and Kingsclere called to scene

Jane Meredith

Reporter:

Jane Meredith

Contact:

01635 886637

49-0106p-Young-Firefighters

A man was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene of a kitchen fire in Thatcham on Mon evening (Aug 10).

Two fire engines from Newbury Fire Station and a third from Kingsclere were called at 9.41pm to Sydney Close, off Station Road, following a report someone was trapped in the building.

On arrival, firefighters the kitchen fire had been put out by an elderly male resident, using water, with the flat and building smoke logged.

The man was evacuated from the flat by firefighters and treated at the scene for smoke inhalation by paramedics.

The cause was put down to accidental and discarded smoking materials, with little damage caused.

Firefighters left the scene after an hour.

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on Newbury Weekly News

Characters left: 1000

News

West Berkshire stands with Manchester
News

West Berkshire stands with Manchester

Newbury candidates suspend election campaigning in wake of last night's attack

 
Surgeon gets on his bike for marathon fundraiser
Hampshire

Surgeon gets on his bike for marathon fundraiser

North Hampshire man joins 14 other cyclists on ride to help Ark Cancer Charity appeal

 
News

Appeal for witnesses to a fight in Hungerford being sought

1comment

 
All Districts

Frustration as council fences off school field

1comment

 
News

All lanes have reopened on A34 and A4 following earlier collisions

1comment