go

Woman taken to hospital after Newbury kitchen fire

Property smoke-logged after cooked food blaze

Jane Meredith

Reporter:

Jane Meredith

Contact:

01635 886637

49-0106p-Young-Firefighters

A woman was taken to hospital following a Newbury kitchen fire yesterday evening (Mon).

One fire engine from Newbury Fire Station was called at 6.30pm to Enborne Street.

The kitchen fire, caused by something left on the cooker, was found to be out on arrival, with the house smoke logged.

Firefighters provided first aid to a woman at the scene and who was then taken to hospital.

Firefighters left the scene after an hour. 

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on Newbury Weekly News

Characters left: 1000

News

West Berkshire stands with Manchester
News

West Berkshire stands with Manchester

Newbury candidates suspend election campaigning in wake of last night's attack

 
Surgeon gets on his bike for marathon fundraiser
Hampshire

Surgeon gets on his bike for marathon fundraiser

North Hampshire man joins 14 other cyclists on ride to help Ark Cancer Charity appeal

 
News

Appeal for witnesses to a fight in Hungerford being sought

1comment

 
All Districts

Frustration as council fences off school field

1comment

 
News

All lanes have reopened on A34 and A4 following earlier collisions

1comment