go

Quick thinking staff extinguish Newbury carvery kitchen fire

Oil on grill pan catches fire

Jane Meredith

Reporter:

Jane Meredith

Contact:

01635 886637

49-0106p-Young-Firefighters

A kitchen fire erupted in a grill pan at the Toby Carvery in Newbury this morning (Mon).

One pump was called from nearby Newbury Fire Station at 10.30am, to the carvery off the Robin Hood roundabout, on the A4.

Staff used a fire blanket to extinguish the blaze, before isolating the gas supply.

The fire was therefore out when firefighters arrived. 

The cooker was badly damaged in the blaze, according to firefighters, who checked over the scene before leaving after twenty minutes.

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on Newbury Weekly News

Characters left: 1000

News

Young Thatcham businesswoman sees her dream realised
News

Young Thatcham businesswoman sees her dream realised

New owner, 23, goes from apprentice to salon owner with help from Natwest

 
Developer applied to add fourth floor onto Bartholomew Street building
News

Developer applies to add fourth floor onto former Bar Sport

More space needed for bigger flats in Newbury town centre site

 
News

West Berkshire business bosses reveal fears for the future in Brexit survey

3comments

 
News

Speenhamland Primary School joins academy trust

 
News

Issues affecting Thatcham's senior citizens to be highlighted with MP