go

Fire breaks out at Newbury hostel

Bedroom litter bin blaze extinguished

Jane Meredith

Reporter:

Jane Meredith

Contact:

01635 886637

fire engine_newbury

A fire broke out in the bedroom of a Newbury hostel yesterday evening (Tues).

Two pumps were called at 8.30pm to a fire in a bedroom litter bin at the London Road hostel.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the blaze using a hosereel.

No-one was hurt.

Minor damage was caused.

The cause was recorded as accidental.

Firefighters left the scene after three quarters of an hour. 

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on Newbury Weekly News

Characters left: 1000

News

Police urge West Berkshire residents to remain vigilant following Manchester attack
News

Police urge West Berkshire residents to remain vigilant following Manchester attack

However, Thames Valley Police reassures communities that there is 'no specific threat'

 
West Berkshire stands with Manchester
News

West Berkshire stands with Manchester

Newbury candidates suspend election campaigning in wake of last night's attack

 
Hampshire

Surgeon gets on his bike for marathon fundraiser

 
News

Appeal for witnesses to a fight in Hungerford being sought

1comment

 
All Districts

Frustration as council fences off school field

1comment