go

Narrow escape from Newbury microwave blaze

Elderly woman evacuates premises

Jane Meredith

Reporter:

Jane Meredith

Contact:

01635 886637

fire engine_newbury

An elderly woman had a narrow escape in a microwave fire at a Newbury property yesterday (Wed) evening.

Two pumps were called at 9.30pm from Newbury Fire Station, following a report of someone trapped in a house fire.

On arrival, firefighters found the fire in a microwave extinguished and an elderly woman had evacuated the building.

The woman, who was checked over by paramedics also at the scene, was unhurt.

No damage to the property was caused.

Firefighters left after 20 minutes.

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on Newbury Weekly News

Characters left: 1000

News

New vicar welcomed at centuries old Silchester church
Hampshire

New vicar welcomed at centuries old Silchester church

Bishop of Basingstoke at licensing

 
Fair Close Day Centre launches fundraising campaign
News

Fair Close Day Centre launches fundraising campaign

Centre for the elderly hopes to reach £50,000 target by the end of the year

 
News

New housing scheme for Theale submitted

 
News

Firefighters called to chimney fire at Upper Woolhampton school

 
News

Newbury town centre road re-opened after car fire