go

Narrow escape from Newbury microwave blaze

Elderly woman evacuates premises

Jane Meredith

Reporter:

Jane Meredith

Contact:

01635 886637

fire engine_newbury

An elderly woman had a narrow escape in a microwave fire at a Newbury property yesterday (Wed) evening.

Two pumps were called at 9.30pm from Newbury Fire Station, following a report of someone trapped in a house fire.

On arrival, firefighters found the fire in a microwave extinguished and an elderly woman had evacuated the building.

The woman, who was checked over by paramedics also at the scene, was unhurt.

No damage to the property was caused.

Firefighters left after 20 minutes.

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on Newbury Weekly News

Characters left: 1000

News

Next round of A339 roadworks to begin on Monday
News

Next round of A339 roadworks through Newbury to begin on Monday

Series of lane and overnight road closures scheduled until mid-October

 
Twin town's vane gift
News

Twin town's vane gift

A copy of the weather vane at the top of St Mary's Church was presented to mayor of Cormicy

 
News

Real ales and cider on offer at Rowbarge festival

 
News

Newbury man attacked for protecting his friend in a wheelchair recounts ordeal

 
News

Businesses do the rounders for hospital appeal