go

Faulty cooker hood cause of Newbury kitchen blaze

One person treated for smoke inhalation at scene

Jane Meredith

Reporter:

Jane Meredith

Contact:

01635 886637

Chimney Fire

A FAULTY cooker hood was the cause of kitchen blaze in Newbury yesterday (Wed) evening.

Two pumps were called from Newbury Fire Station at 7.55pm to a bungalow in London Road, after a cooker hood caught fire,with flames discovered issuing from the hood.

Two people in the house had evacuated the property, together with their pets.

Two fire fighters extinguished the fire using CO2.

One person was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene by firefighters. No-one was taken to hospital.

The house was smoke-logged and firefighters removed the burnt cooker hood outside the property before leaving the scene shortly before 9pm.

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on Newbury Weekly News

Characters left: 1000

News

Thatcham dealers sentenced to seven years behind bars
News

Thatcham dealers sentenced to seven years behind bars

Pair ran drugs operation from Thatcham hotel

 
Aldermaston photographer captures image of new high speed train
News

Aldermaston photographer captures image of new high speed train

Rail enthusiast spots first train powering along Newbury line

2comments

 
News

Outrage as baby hedgehogs used as footballs in Newbury

2comments

 
News

Newbury man smashes car window in drunken rage

 
News

Hi-tech thieves target motorists at Berkshire service stations

1comment