go

Faulty light fitting triggers Theale fire alarm

Strong smell of burning at scene

Jane Meredith

Reporter:

Jane Meredith

Contact:

01635 886637

Chimney Fire

SEVERAL fire engines were called to industrial offices in Theale this morning (Thursday), after a faulty light fitting set off a fire alarm.

Three fire engines from fire stations in Dee Road, Tilehurst, Whitley Wood and Caversham Road, were called at 7.30am to the unoccupied Dimensions, in Brunel Road, where a strong smell of burning was discovered.

The fire was out on arrival.

Firefighters left the scene at 8am.

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on Newbury Weekly News

Characters left: 1000

News

A339 link road opens
News

A339 link road finally complete

Video: The long anticipated new junction opens to the public

2comments

 
Tributes paid to West Berkshire Council leader Roger Croft
News

Tributes paid to West Berkshire Council leader Roger Croft

"We will all miss his energy, his real passion for serving the communities here in West Berkshire and of course his friendship and humour."

1comment

 
News

Man rescued from Newbury building

3comments

 
News

Tadley children's nursery rated outstanding

 
News

Woman caught driving after taking 'mind-bending' cocktail of drugs