go

Man treated at scene of house fire in Chilton Foliat

Cat rescued from property

Jane Meredith

Reporter:

Jane Meredith

Contact:

01635 886637

fire engine_newbury

NEWBURY firefighters were called to Chilton Foliat last night (Thurs) to tackle a house fire. 

A pump from Newbury Fire Station was called at 7pm last night to a property in Stag Hill.

Update 11.45am

A spokesperson for Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service, Louise Knox said the fire service was called to the bungalow in Stag Hill, Chilton Foliat at 6.48pm last night.

Two crews attended from Marlborough and Newbury.

Four breathing apparatus wearers used two hose reel jets to deal with the fire, which started with an electrical fault.

A cat was rescued from the property, and a man was treated at the scene by paramedics for smoke inhalation.

The British Red Cross emergency response volunteers also attended from Swindon to support the householder.

 

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on Newbury Weekly News

Characters left: 1000

News

Arthur Daly's coat and trilby fetch £12,000 at Newbury auction
News

Arthur Daley's coat and trilby fetch £12,000 at Newbury auction

Snapped up by fan of Minder television series

1comment

 
Inquest opens into Burghfield schoolboy's death
News

Inquest opens into death of Burghfield schoolboy

10-year-old was killed after Topshop barrier fell on him at the Oracle

 
News

Storm Doris hits West Berkshire

1comment

 
News

Drivers' lucky escape after M4 multi-vehicle collision

 
News

One lane re-opened M4 Swindon to Chippenham after lorry transporter blaze