Newbury street cordoned off after vehicle gas leak
Road closed for two hours
A NEWBURY road was closed for two hours last night (Tues), due to a liquid propane gas (LPG) leak from a vehicle.
One pump from Newbury Fire Station was called at 10.45pm to Argyle/Derby roads, after a passer by smelt gas and heard it venting from a silver Daewoo Musso 4 x 4, parked on the roadside.
Thames Valley Police (TVP) sealed off the stretch of road, at the start of both Argyle Road and Derby Road, during the incident.
No-one was hurt.
Firefighters let the vehicle vent naturally and used fine water spray to dispel the gas.
A gas monitor was then used to check the area was safe.
Regulars and staff at The Red House pub in nearby Hampton Road were advised to remain inside the building during the incident.
Firefighters left the scene at around 2am