go

Burghfield Common kitchen fire

Item left on hob the cause

Jane Meredith

Reporter:

Jane Meredith

Contact:

01635 886637

Burghfield Common kitchen fire

A KITCHEN fire at a Burghfield Common property  yesterday evening (Mon) was due to paper left on the hob.

Two fire engines, including one from Whitley Wood and another from Dee Road, Tilehurst were called at 5.45pm to Three Firs Close, where a small fire was discovered in the kitchen.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire using a hosereel.

No-one was hurt.

The house was smoke-logged, with damage sustained to a wall-mounted kitchen unit.

Firefighters left the scene at 7.30pm. 

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on Newbury Weekly News

Characters left: 1000

News

Newbury Pancake Race 2017
News

Newbury Pancake Race 2017

Town goes 'flipping' mad for annual Shrove Tuesday celebrations

 
Marathon man inspires Newbury running group
News

Marathon man inspires Newbury running group

Hi5 Road Runners welcome running legend to anniversary celebrations

 
News

Newbury couple married for 72 years die on the same day

1comment

 
Hampshire

Hampshire county councillor to step down after almost four decades in local politics

 
News

"There’s just no sense behind it at all"

5comments