go

Brightwalton household affected by carbon monoxide leak

Emergency services called to scene

Jane Meredith

Reporter:

Jane Meredith

Contact:

01635 886637

49-0106p-Young-Firefighters

EMERGENCY services were called to Brightwalton this afternoon (Thurs), after a carbon monoxide leak at a house in the village.

Two fire engines, including one from Newbury and a second from Oxfordshire were called at 3pm to a house situated on an unnamed road in the village.

Ambulances services were also at the scene and paramedics carried out medical checks on a woman living at the property, who was unhurt.

Firefighters isolated a boiler and also a wood burner at the property and advised the householder to get both appliances checked, before leaving the scene an hour later. 

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on Newbury Weekly News

Characters left: 1000

News

Driving bans for two men following dangerous manoeuvres on A34 near Newbury
News

Driving bans for two men following dangerous manoeuvres on A34 near Newbury

"This kind of driving will not be tolerated," says investigating officer

3comments

 
Legion prepares for Poppy Appeal
News

Legion prepares for Poppy Appeal

Aim to raise in excess of £65k to support armed forces community

 
News

Newbury in Bloom awards blossoms in its second year

 
News

Crooked lodger stole thousands from vulnerable fellow tenants

 
News

Recycling centre charges "will not lead to fly-tipping"

15comments