go

Headley chimney blaze triggers fire safety advice

Ensure chimneys are swept and smoke alarms work

Jane Meredith

Reporter:

Jane Meredith

Contact:

01635 886637

chimney smoke

A HEADLEY chimney blaze yesterday evening (Wed) has prompted fire safety advice.

One pump from Newbury Fire Station was called at 8pm to a detached house in Common Road, to a fire in a wood burning stove.

Firefighters removed the log burner and cut away the lintel before leaving the scene at 9pm.

Firefighters afterwards issued safety advice including ensuring chimneys were swept , especially in view of the cold weather and to ensure smoke alarms worked. 

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on Newbury Weekly News

Characters left: 1000

News

And Burdwood receives 50th Heartstart Thatcham defibrillator
News

And Burdwood receives 50th Heartstart Thatcham defibrillator

Lifesaving device installed to "protect local residents and businesses"

 
Local artisans impress judges at county show
News

Local artisans impress judges at county show

West Berkshire exhibitors carry home clutch of medals

 
News

Thatcham surgery celebrates 30 years

 
News

Teen dealer arrested after police give chase through Newbury town centre

 
News

Cold Ash road to close over the weekend for burst water main repairs

1comment