go

Firefighters called to house fire in Newbury

One person treated for smoke inhalation

Charlotte Booth

Reporter:

Charlotte Booth

Contact:

01635 886637

Chimney Fire

Dee Road firefighters were called to a house fire on Dolby Crescent, Newbury in the early hours of Saturday morning.

At 4:50am a fire crew were called out to Dolby Crescent where a dehumidifier had caught fire.

One person was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation, initially by the fire crew and was then passed over to the ambulance crew. They were not admitted to hospital.

The house sustained smoke damage.

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on Newbury Weekly News

Characters left: 1000

News

Driving bans for two men following dangerous manoeuvres on A34 near Newbury
News

Driving bans for two men following dangerous manoeuvres on A34 near Newbury

"This kind of driving will not be tolerated," says investigating officer

3comments

 
Legion prepares for Poppy Appeal
News

Legion prepares for Poppy Appeal

Aim to raise in excess of £65k to support armed forces community

 
News

Newbury in Bloom awards blossoms in its second year

 
News

Crooked lodger stole thousands from vulnerable fellow tenants

 
News

Recycling centre charges "will not lead to fly-tipping"

15comments