Storm Arwen won't stop Christmas markets, coffee mornings, fun runs and return of Parkrun to Greenham Common
A round-up of events across West Berkshire and North Hampshire this weekend.
• And Sunday, 28, Christmas Market, Pineapple Café, Rowan Drive, Newbury, 10am-4pm. Local artisan businesses and crafters selling gifts. Plus refreshments
• Christmas Fair, Sherborne St John Village Hall, 2pm-4pm. For the Grange nursing home.
• An evening with Darren Higgins, psychic medium, Church Lane, Burghclere, 7pm-11pm. Organised by Burghclere Pre-school and Toddler Group. Tickets from Eventbrite.
• Woolton Hill Christmas Market, St Thomas’s Church hall, Woolton Hill, 10.30am-1pm. Festive market with local foods, home made crafts and Christmas gifts.
• Basing House Christmas Fayre, Basing House, 11am-4pm. More than 25 stalls offering local made crafts, produce and gifting ideas
• Alder Bridge School Advent Fayre, Mill Lane, Padworth, 12noon-3pm. Seasonal crafts, artisan stalls, raffle, puppet show, refreshments and live music. POSTPONED TO SUNDAY, 28
• Christmas Market, Spurcroft Primary School, Thatcham, 12noon-2pm. Organised by Friends of Spurcroft. CANCELLED
• Newbury Parkrun, Greenham Common, 9am. The return of Parkrun to Newbury,
• Quiz night, Midgham Village Hall, 7pm. Teams of up to six. Tickets £12 includes a fish and chip supper. Tickets from email@example.com
• Ramsbury does Christmas 2021, Memorial Hall Car Park, Ramsbury, 10am-12noon. Mulled wine and Ramsbury Silver Band.
• Victorian Costume-Making Workshop for the Extravaganza, Hungerford Library, 2pm-5pm. Come and make simple Victorian costumes including capes and mop caps for the Extravaganza on Friday, December 10.
• Christmas Winter Wonderland Fayre, Thatcham Parish Hall, 2.30pm-5.30pm. Afternoon of fun, plus stalls and refreshments and Santa’s grotto. Adults £2, children £1. In aid of Newbury Cancer Care.
• Mayor’s Coffee Morning, Council Chamber, Town Hall, Market Place, Newbury, 10am-12noon. Fundraising event for the Over 80s Parcel Fund.
• Winter bazaar, St Marys Church, Speen, 12noon-3pm. Bric-a-brac, tombola, nearly new, decorations, plants and bulbs, children’s letters to Santa, handcrafted gifts, and much more. Refreshments will be on sale, admission is free, and ample parking is available.
• Christmas Fair, National Animal Welfare Trust, Trindledown Farm, 11m-3pm. Variety of stalls selling goods, gifts and local produce and festive food and drink available to buy. Santa Claus will be making a special appearance for the event and children will have the chance to visit Santa’s Grotto for some Christmas related activities. Entry into the event is £2. All funds raised through this event will go towards the care of elderly animals at the centre.
• Yateley Common Sunday Conservation Group, Stroud Lane Car Park, 10am-1pm. Join the volunteers to help carry out winter scrub cutting on Yateley Common and help to conserve and maintain the heathland habitat.
• Thatcham Litter Pickers, meet Thatcham Scout Hut, 10am-11am
• Newbury Santa Fun Run, Market Place, Newbury, check in 9am-10am for 10.30am start. Registration before the event is essential. Adults £15, Under 18s £10, Under 8s £7. Includes a Santa Suit and finishers medal for each entrant. Net proceeds to local charities, and runners/walkers can also raise money for their favourite causes. Visit www.newburyrotary.org
• Spring bulb planting, Walton Way Play Park, 10am-2pm. In support of the Puple4Polio intitiative created by the Rotary Club of Great Britain.
• And Sunday December 5, Christmas Family Acitivity Day, Padworth Village Hall, 10am-5pm. Messy play, Santa’s grotto (prebook), crafts, stalls and role play. £5 per child/adults free