Thatcham Classic Cars, Hermitage Oktober Beer Fest, Greenham Common walk and Hungerford antiques market: What's on this weekend
A round-up of events taking place this weekend across West Berkshire and North Hampshire.
• Thatcham Fun on the Field, Thatcham Memorial Playing Fields, 10am-4pm. Display of classic and sports cars - more than 250 already registered - children's fun fair rides, craft and food stalls. Raising funds to help towards the upkeep of Thatcham War Memorial and the ongoing maintenance of the playing fields.
• Oktober Beer Fest, Hermitage Village Hall, 5pm-10.30pm. The Apologetics live band, food and snacks, local micro-breweries and Prosecco and gin bar. £3 advance /£5 on door. email@example.com
• Newbury Soroptimists Prince’s Trust ‘Brilliant Breakfast’, Newbury Market, from 8.30am. Raising money for young women in the UK who need support, helping them wake up to a more positive future.
• And Sunday 17, Kingsclere Photo Club annual photo exhibition, main hall, Kingsclere Village Club, George Street, Kingsclere, Saturday 10am-5pm, Sunday 11am-4pm. Launch of 2022 calendar at £6 each. Photos and postcards for sale. Portrait raffle by MOL Photography and picture sales. One-way system in operation. For more info or queries email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Air Base Heritage Walk, Greenham Control Tower, 1.30am. Two hours. Three-mile walk with an expert guide viewing some of the key installations around the former air base. Tickets £5. For more information and to book www.greenhamtower.org.uk
• Burghclere jumble sale, Portal Hall, Burghclere, 2pm. Teas, cake, raffle, white elephant stall and plenty of bargains.
• Tea dance, Royal British Legion, Pelican Lane, Newbury, 1.30pm-4pm. Ballroom sequence and Latin. Entry £3. All welcome. Details call (01635) 47415.
• Hungerford Antique & Flea Market, Hungerford Town Hall, 9.30am-3.30pm. Free entry. Antiques, vintage and collectables.
• Custom & Classic cars informal meeting, The Bell, Aldworth. If you’ve got an old/custom bike or car, bring it along. No entrance fee.