Home   News   Article

Subscribe Now

Arrests made in connection with poaching and burglary offences

More news, no ads


Two-week long Operation Flax sees several arrests made in West Berkshire

Police officers from West Berkshire have made several arrests in connection with poaching and burglary offences across the district.

The arrests were made between November 30 and December 13 with more than 40 officers taking part in the crackdown – dubbed Operation Flax.

Three people, two boys aged 17 and one man aged 19 all from Burghfield Common, were arrested on 2 December of suspicion of burglary non dwelling. They have been released on police bail until 25 January.

A man aged 21 from Banbury and a boy aged 15 from Grazeley were arrested on 10 December on suspicion of day poaching and have been released on police bail until 30 January.

A total of 26 members of the rural community were visited on engagement visits and 98 per cent of the people spoken to reported no ongoing issue or concerns. The other 2 per cent raised concerns over repeat hare coursing.

Sgt Alan Hawkett from Newbury police station said: “The results of Operation Flax demonstrate our commitment to the rural community in West Berkshire in tackling rural crime, which is a Force priority, and will continue to make West Berkshire a hostile area for rural crime offenders.”

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More