Home   News   Article

Subscribe Now

Beware of the 'silent killer' carbon monoxide this winter



More news, no ads

LEARN MORE



The gas is often referred to as the ‘silent killer’ as it cannot be smelt, seen or tasted, and is most common in winter when heating devices are being used.
Potential sources of CO include house fires, defective boilers, open fires, barbeques and chemicals.
Symptoms of CO poisoning vary from flu-like symptoms, to headaches and drowsiness, stroke symptoms and unconsciousness.
Dozens of people every year die as a result of the ‘silent killer’, and many more are left with severe disabilities.
SCAS has said that the simplest way to protect your home against poisoning is to ensure boilers are regularly serviced, and that homes are fitted with a CO detector.



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More