Home   News   Article

Subscribe Now

Newbury firefighters attend incident outside the Kennet Centre in Bartholomew Street after part of the structure "became unsafe"



More news, no ads

LEARN MORE


Firefighters from Newbury and Basingstoke were called to Newbury town centre earlier today (Sunday) after parts of a building became unsafe.

A signage panel at the entrance to the Kennet Centre on Bartholomew Street had "come loose and was flapping in the wind".

With the structure deemed to have "become unsafe", fire crews were called and cordoned off the area, closing the entrance to the shopping centre earlier this afternoon.

Due to the high winds a crew from Basingstoke, with an aerial ladder platform, were also called to assist.

Firefighters removed the loose panel and handed it over to staff at the Kennet Centre.

The area was cordoned off by the emergency services for around an hour and a half, but has now been reopened.

One of the entrances to the Kennet Centre was shut earlier this afternoon. Pic courtesy of Newbury Fire Station
One of the entrances to the Kennet Centre was shut earlier this afternoon. Pic courtesy of Newbury Fire Station


This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More