Home   News   Article

Subscribe Now

Fire safety advice after Newbury chip pan blaze

More news, no ads


Man taken to hospital with burns

FIREFIGHTERS have issued fire safety advice after a chip pan fire in Newbury yesterday (Sunday) evening following which a man was taken to hospital suffering from burns.

Two fire engines including one from Newbury and another from Hungerford were called at 8pm to a ground floor flat at Redfield Court, a road situated off London Road.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the blazing chip pan in the kitchen using a hosereel.

One man was taken to hospital suffering from burns and a second man was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.

The kitchen was 75 per cent destroyed in the fire and the property was smoke damaged.

Other residents of the two-storey building, an end terrace, were evacuated and the road was closed during the incident.

Firefighters left the scene at 10.30pm but afterwards issued fire safety advice including never put water on a chip pan blaze - this will result in a flash blaze likely to engulf the room.

Do not attempt to move any burning chip pan, instead get out of the building as fast as possible and call the emergency/fire service.


This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More