Home   News   Article

Subscribe Now

Firefighters called to Woolton Hill hazardous chemicals incident






According to Richard Young, the watch manager of Green Watch at Newbury Fire Station, one pump was called at 10.30pm to Broadmead Rest Home, Broadlayings, after a member of staff had inhaled ozone - a disinfectant used in washing machines.
Firefighters administered first aid at the scene.
Ambulance services then arrived and one person was taken to hospital with breathing difficulties.
The fire service left the scene after an hour.
Update 11.30am
South Central Ambulance services confirmed they were called at 10.29pm to this incident last night (Sun).
A 44-year-old woman was taken to the Royal Berkshire Hospital, in Reading by ambulance.
One double manned ambulance and two hazard area response team (HART) vehicles were sent by the ambulanc e service.



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More