Home   News   Article

Subscribe Now

Firefighters tackle kitchen fire in Newbury





Crews from Newbury were called to a property in Dolman Road at about 7pm last night (Friday)

FIREFIGHTERS tackled a small kitchen fire at a property in Newbury last night (Friday).

Crews from Newbury were called to a house in Dolman Road at about 7pm, after receiving reports of a small kitchen fire, which it was believed had been started by an overheated chip pan.

On arrival, firefighters used breathing apparatus, a hosereel and fire blanket to put out the fire and crew manager for blue watch, Matt Clark, said there was some smoke damage to the property.

No one was hurt in the incident, but Mr Clark said it highlighted the importance of having a smoke detector in the house, as well as the need for good housekeeping.



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More