Home   News   Article

Subscribe Now

Headley chimney blaze triggers fire safety advice



More news, no ads

LEARN MORE


Ensure chimneys are swept and smoke alarms work

A HEADLEY chimney blaze yesterday evening (Wed) has prompted fire safety advice.

One pump from Newbury Fire Station was called at 8pm to a detached house in Common Road, to a fire in a wood burning stove.

Firefighters removed the log burner and cut away the lintel before leaving the scene at 9pm.

Firefighters afterwards issued safety advice including ensuring chimneys were swept , especially in view of the cold weather and to ensure smoke alarms worked.



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More