go

Electric fan triggers Tilehurst bathroom fire

Ten firefighters called to scene

Jane Meredith

Reporter:

Jane Meredith

Contact:

01635 886637

49-0106p-Young-Firefighters

An electric fan triggered a Tilehurst bathroom fire this morning (Tuesday).

Spokeswoman for the Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service (RBFRS) Ellie Gray said two pumps, from Dee Road, Tilehurst and Whitley Wood, were called at 7.46 am to Grasmere Avenue.

Firefighters found a small bathroom fire, involving an electric fan.

No-one was hurt.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire with a hosereel.

The smoke was then cleared with a high pressure ventilation fan.

Firefighters left the scene at 8.02am.

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on Newbury Weekly News

Characters left: 1000

News

Bucklebury road closure 'short-term inconvenience' 
News

Bucklebury road closure will be a 'short-term inconvenience' 

Scheduled five-month closure begins on Monday amid criticism over length of closure  

 
Thatcham woman invited to royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
News

Thatcham woman invited to royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

Kings founder one of five volunteers in the county on guest list

 
News

Newbury mother-of-four's canal death ruled to be an accident

 
Sport

Herring has the 'confidence' and the 'belief' in his players ahead of crunch game

 
Sport

Cooper-Clark fires Thatcham closer to Hellenic League glory