go

Thatcham rubbish blaze extinguished

Mattress among burning items

Jane Meredith

Reporter:

Jane Meredith

Contact:

01635 886637

fire engine_newbury

Newbury firefighters were called to a rubbish fire in Thatcham yesterday evening (Tues).

One pump was called from Newbury Fire Station at 10.25pm, to a strip of waste land behind gardens at Meadowsweet Close, where a mattress and other rubbish was on fire.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze with a hosereel.

The cause was recorded as accidental.

Police were also at the scene.

Firefighters left at 11.45pm.

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on Newbury Weekly News

Characters left: 1000

News

Man who sexually assaulted boys in Tadley and Reading jailed
News

Man who sexually assaulted boys in Tadley and Reading jailed

“We hope that the sentence given today will give confidence to others who have suffered abuse of this nature"

 
Fire hits 'beautiful' thatched Goring-on-Thames house
News

Fire hits 'beautiful' thatched Goring-on-Thames house

Firefighters from two counties called to tackle the blaze

 
News

'Quirky' job for Newbury firefighters

 
News

'Floating homes' plans to go to appeal

 
News

Life-saving partnership celebrates five-years