Newbury News Ltd. Print-Digital-Social

Calcot flat evacuated after fire breaks out

Linen item left on stove cause

Jane Meredith

Jane Meredith

jane.meredith@newburynews.co.uk

Contact:

01635 886637

49-0106p-Young-Firefighters

A CALCOT flat was evacuated yesterday (Tues) morning, after a fire broke out.

Two pumps, one from Dee Road, Tilehurst and another from Caversham Road, were called at 10am to a ground floor flat fire in Derrick Close.

Firefighters discovered a linen item, possibly a towel, had caught alight on a stove.

The blaze was extinguished by two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus, using a hosereel.

Firefighters left the scene after half an hour.

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on Newbury Weekly News

Characters left: 1000