go

Hampstead Norreys garden fire

Small bonfire accidental cause

Jane Meredith

Reporter:

Jane Meredith

Contact:

01635 886637

Chimney Fire

Firefighters extinguished a small garden bonfire in Hampstead Norreys this afternoon (Tues).

One fire engine from Newbury was called at midday to a semi detached cottage in Water Street.

Firefighters extinguished a small garden bonfire using a hosereel.

No-one was hurt.

The cause was put down to accidental.

Firefighters left the scene after 45 minutes.

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on Newbury Weekly News

Characters left: 1000

News

Brave teen battling kidney disease presents Rosemary Appeal donation
News

Brave teen battling kidney disease presents Rosemary Appeal donation

“It’s our charity of choice as most people have been touched by cancer in some way"

 
Fresh plans for 1,000 homes at Sandleford Park submitted
News

Developers still confident Sandleford scheme will go ahead

Two parties say they are moving away from stalemate and hope to sign agreement

 
All Districts

Countdown to racing's Winter Carnival

 
News

West Berkshire Council to launch a Tweetathon

1comment

 
News

Four men charged following illegal rave in Burghfield