Tue, 04 Oct 2016
A QUILT caught in the boot lock of a hatchback parked at a Newbury auto parts store triggered a fire this afternoon (Tues).
One pump from Newbury Fire Station was called at 12pm to an electrical fire in the rear compartment of a black Renault Clio, at Halfords' car park, in Greenham Road.
The fire was extinguished by firefighters using CO2.
No-one was hurt.
The cause was put down to a quilt stuck in the boot, causing the central locking mechanism to overheat.
The boot lock mechanism was damaged in the fire.
Firefighters left the scene at 12.30pm