go

Firefighters' unattended candles fire safety advice

Newbury smoke alarms triggered by tea lights

Jane Meredith

Reporter:

Jane Meredith

Contact:

01635 886637

candlelight_sz

FIREFIGHTERS have advised not to leave candles unattended after tea lights set off a smoke alarm yesterday evening (Sunday).

One fire engine was called from Newbury Fire Station at 9pm to a house in Enborne Road, where tea lights had been left unattended, in an unoccupied property.

Firefighters extinguished the candles and left the scene after half an hour, but afterwards issued the seasonal advice not to leave any candles unattended, due to the fire risk.

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on Newbury Weekly News

Characters left: 1000

News

Box clever and give big softie Rocky a champion home
News

Box clever and give big softie Rocky a champion home

Champion boxer Rocky is appealing for a knock-out home

 
Hermitage development is on hold as plan is rejected
News

Hermitage development is on hold as plan is rejected

Application for 37-home scheme in village branded 'disappointing' by planners

 
News

'Amazing' support for charity Christmas fair

 
News

Newbury explosions 'could have been catastrophic'

3comments

 
News

Serial shoplifter dodges prison yet again

12comments