go

Tilehurst kitchen fire due to unattended cooker

Look while you cook fire safety advice

Jane Meredith

Reporter:

Jane Meredith

Contact:

01635 886637

Tilehurst kitchen fire due to unattended cooker

FIREFIGHTERS have issued 'look while you cook' fire safety advice, after a Tilehurst kitchen fire due to an unattended cooker yesterday evening (Sunday).

One pump from Dee Road Fire Station, Tilehurst, was called at 8pm, to a kitchen fire in Ashbury Drive.

Firefighters turned off the cooker and dispelled the smoke, using high pressure fans and also provided oxygen therapy to occupants evacuated from the property and affected by smoke inhalation.

The cause of the blaze was items cooking and left unattended.

Firefighters left the scene after about an hour.

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on Newbury Weekly News

Characters left: 1000

News

Help find Geordie
All Districts

Help find Geordie

Lost Lurcher in Silchester

 
Overnight closures for M4 this weekend
News

Overnight closures for M4 this weekend

Local roads will also be closed to allow the bridge work to be carried out

 
News

Brave teen battling kidney disease presents Rosemary Appeal donation

1comment

 
News

Developers still confident Sandleford scheme will go ahead

1comment

 
All Districts

Countdown to racing's Winter Carnival