Newbury News Ltd. Print-Digital-Social

Lambourn street cordoned off after shed fire

Shed containing gas cylinder well alight

Jane Meredith

Jane Meredith

jane.meredith@newburynews.co.uk

Contact:

01635 886637

Lambourn street cordoned off after shed fire

A LAMBOURN street was cordoned off last night (Wed), after a blaze in a shed containing a gas cylinder.

Four pumps, from Newbury, Hungerford, Ramsbury and Oxfordshire were called at 10pm to a detached house in Newbury Street, where a 3m by 4m, part wooden shed was well alight.

The shed contained a Calor gas cylinder and the surrounding area was cordoned off.

No-one was hurt.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze using two hosereels.

The shed was destroyed in the incident.

The house remained unaffected.

The road was gritted afterwards by both the local authority and firefighters, due to fears of water freezing which had run into the street and in sub-zero temperatures.

Firefighters remained at the scene damping down until 11.30pm, with the road closed throughout. 

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on Newbury Weekly News

Characters left: 1000