Newbury News Ltd. Print-Digital-Social

Firefighters called to chimney fire at Upper Woolhampton school

Further Newbury call to remove loose tiles from roof of flats

Jane Meredith

Jane Meredith

jane.meredith@newburynews.co.uk

Contact:

01635 886637

chimney smoke

FIREFIGHTERS tackled a chimney fire at an Upper Woolhampton school this afternoon (Saturday), after retrieving loose tiles from a Newbury roof earlier today.

One pump from Newbury Fire Station was called at 2.30pm to a chimney fire at the independent Elstree School.

Firefighters used rods and water to extinguish the blaze, before departing at 4pm.

Earlier today, at 9.30am, Newbury firefighters removed three tiles in a precarious position from the roof of a block of flats in Bartholomew Street, before departing at 10am.

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on Newbury Weekly News

Characters left: 1000