Newbury News Ltd. Print-Digital-Social

80-year-old woman cut out of car

Charlotte Booth

Charlotte Booth

charlotte.booth@newburynews.co.uk

Police appeal for witnesses to serious road accident last night

FIRE crews were called to a single-car accident on Hungerford Hill (B4000) going into Lambourn last night (Saturday) at midnight.

The car had driven into the ditch and fire crews had to release the 80-year-old female driver through the roof.

The woman was then taken into the care of the South Central Ambulance Service.

The woman was uninjured and a spokesman for Newbury Fire Station said: "She was in good spirits. We couldn't get the doors open so we have to cut through the roof to get her out."

More to follow.

• Bombey

19/03/2018 - 13:01

probably forced off the road by a boy racer...

• Tommy

19/03/2018 - 18:06

Nearly happened to me last Friday night by an idiot overtaking another on a blind bend near Tot Hill !!

spikey

19/03/2018 - 10:10

Old moaner. For your info and everyone else I was hit by a drink driver who was in there late 70s when I was on leave from the catterick barracks, before I was going to go to the gulf war in 91. But didn’t happen thanks to the drink driver who ended my army career and destroyed my life.on where I can not work due to epilepsy and my I.q. Dropped due to head injury. So it’s not just youths or under age drivers. The older you get your alertness is less and eye sight too. The 70 year old drunk got 5 years prison sentence, I got life sentence. And old moaner again for your info there was a college named Windsor and Maidenhead at top of Maidenhead back in the 1980s. But now not sure if it’s gone or changed name.

• Oldmoaner

19/03/2018 - 12:12

I am very sad and sorry to hear of your situation, however should you not direct your anger at drunken drivers. My father was badly injured in Bordon after his vehicle was hit by an out of control car being driven by an army major. I am not prejudice to army majors but I detest drunken or drugged drivers. So please do not generalise against age, it is not a crime and it creeps up on you very fast.

• Oldmoaner

18/03/2018 - 20:08

If there is such a place as Windsor and Maidenhead College, they need to do a lot of work educating their representative. No one said how the accident happened so he has no justification for his ignorance, statistics show that there more death and injury accidents by under 25s than any other age group, some of these disasters are caused by youths without a licence as young as 14.

• bahumbug

18/03/2018 - 12:12

in reply to John Brodi (facebook) And I am getting sick and tired of reading about 18-25 year old's who kill people because of their drink/drug driving.

Show more comments