Newbury mayor in search for a winning Christmas card design
The mayor of Newbury and the Newbury Weekly News have joined forces in search of a design for this year’s mayoral Christmas card.
Every Christmas, the mayor takes the time to send Christmas cards to those who they have worked with closely throughout their time in office, as well as charities, organisations, civic dignitaries and to Newbury’s Twin Towns. This year, mayor of Newbury Billy Drummond, is calling upon the local community to submit designs to be part of a competition to choose a winning Christmas card design.
The mayor said: “I invite the whole community to get involved in designing the official mayoral Christmas card, I hope it will give some enjoyment and fun to those who wish to take part and a way for the community to contribute to mayoral life. Anyone is welcome to enter the competition, and as many entries as possible will be displayed in the printed and digital Newbury Weekly News.”
Everyone, of all ages and abilities is welcome to submit an entry into the competition. There will be prizes awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place with the 1st place design also being used and printed for the mayor’s Christmas card.
All entries must follow the criteria listed:
- The card must be A5. No bigger, no smaller.
- A design which depicts Newbury and Christmas.
- Suitable for printing and distribution to important dignitaries.
- All mediums can be used to produce the card although we ask for no glitter or any mediums that give a foiled reflect, relief or cut-outs.
- All entries must include the full name of the designer, age, telephone number and email address written on the back of the design.
All entries can be emailed digitally to email@example.com or can be posted to Mayor’s Parlour, Newbury Town Hall, Market Place, Newbury, RG14 5AA
Closing date for all entries is Sunday, November 14.