Newbury News Ltd. Print-Digital-Social

Fire in Hamstead Marshall destroys house

House 100 per cent destroyed by fire

Charlotte Booth

Charlotte Booth


01635 886637

Chimney Fire

A LARGE fire in Hamstead Marshall has left a house "100 per cent" destroyed. 

According to Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service, upon arrival the majority of the fire had burnt out but fire fighters used a hose reel to damp down the remaining hot spots.

The call came at 6.27am this morning (Thursday, July 13) when the fire had been burning for some time. At 8.30am fire crews were still on site but the fire had been extinguished.

A spokesman for the Royal Berkshire Fire Service said: "It's a strange one as it wasn't called in until someone came past. People would have seen the smoke for miles."

There were no reported injuries. The fire is under investigation. 

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on Newbury Weekly News

Characters left: 1000