go

The Snooty Fox pub evacuated

Several people treated for breathing difficulties

Charlotte Booth

Reporter:

Charlotte Booth

Contact:

01635 886637

Chimney Fire

A NEWBURY pub was evacuated in the early hours of Sunday morning (October 29) over fears of a chemical incident in a bin. 

Several people from the Snooty Fox, on Bartholomew Street, were treated at the scene for breathing difficulties by the South Central Ambulance Service but did not require hospital treatment. 

Two fire crews from Newbury Fire Station investigated and identified there was no threat from chemicals. The incident was caused by an air-freshener over the bar. 

They were on the scene for approximately an hour.  

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on Newbury Weekly News

Characters left: 1000

Article comments

  • A Newbury Mum

    01/11/2017 - 12:12

    Perhaps closing it down permanently to help stop all the drunken fights happening

    Reply

  • Boriss

    31/10/2017 - 20:08

    Hahaha. The funniest thing that I've read for a long time.....

    Reply

  • Tommy

    29/10/2017 - 21:09

    The large photo of the fireman is overdoing it a bit don't you think. Perhaps one of a plug in air freshener would have sufficed !!

    Reply

  • sayitasitis

    29/10/2017 - 19:07

    Probably not used to a nice, clean smell in there.

    Reply

News

Victoria Park tennis court floodlights now in use
News

Victoria Park tennis court floodlights now in use

Play can now continue until 9.30pm at popular Newbury facility

 
West Berkshire Council hits back at social mobility report
News

West Berkshire Council hits back at social mobility report

Local authority says data "does not add up"

 
News

Protecting keyless cars from thieves

1comment

 
News

Suspected abuse at Newbury care home was not reported

 
News

Man hit in the face with BB pellet while inside a West Berkshire pub

1comment