Home   News   Article

Subscribe Now

Reading Magistrates' Court: Thatcham stalker jailed for attack on woman

A VIOLENT stalker has finally been jailed – this time, for a serious attack on a woman.

Nathan Ochiltree has previous convictions for assaulting women and stalking them but was previously awarded community penalties.

Last November the 23-year-old, of Urquhart Road, Thatcham, was made subject to a restraining order to protect his latest young victim.

Mr Ochiltree had denied attacking her.

But following a trial, Reading magistrates announced they did not believe his account and convicted him of assault by beating.

Previously, in 2019, Mr Ochiltree narrowly avoided jail for assaulting and then stalking another former partner.

On that occasion Reading magistrates heard he threatened to kill his ex-girlfriend, to rape a member of her family and to burn her property after she didn’t reply to his messages.

When she tried to end the increasingly abusive relationship he struck his victim, threw her on to a sofa and pinned her down while threatening to “snap her neck”, the court heard.

A campaign of stalking then began.

On that occasion, his defending solicitor said: “He had experienced a previous relationship where there were issues of faithfulness with the other party, which caused him to find these circumstances very difficult.

“He began to suspect whether his partner had been faithful or not to him.”

Mr Ochiltree was given a suspended prison sentence, ordered to attend a Building Better Relationships course and made subject to a four-year restraining order preventing him from contacting that victim.

He was then convicted of assault by beating and breaching the suspended sentence order.

Nevertheless the court ruled that it would be unjust to activate the suspended jail sentence, despite the fact it was made for a similar pattern of offending, because he had been co-operating with the probation services.

Then on Monday, April 25, Mr Ochiltree was back in the dock yet again.

This time, his luck ran out.

He admitted assaulting Teri Mansford in Newbury on Saturday, April 24, thereby causing her actual bodily harm.

Mr Ochiltree also admitted assaulting a police officer executing his duty and breaching a suspended sentence order imposed for stalking and beating Lilly-Anne Gibson.

A charge of possessing cannabis was withdrawn.

All the above offences were committed on the same occasion as the assault on Ms Mansford.

Mr Ochiltree was jailed for a total of 38 weeks.

In addition, he was ordered to pay the police officer he attacked £100 compensation upon his release.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More