Home   News   Article

Subscribe Now

Three have lucky escape after house fire



More news, no ads

LEARN MORE


Fire crews say boiler fire could have been much worse, after house in Calcot was not fitted with smoke alarms

THREE people had a lucky escape following a blaze at a house in Calcot on Saturday (5) morning.

A boiler fire at Yew Tree Rise house in Calcot saw a man and two women taken to hospital on Saturday morning, but Dee Road fire station said it could have been much worse for the trio as it emerged the house was not equipped with smoke alarms.

The residents awoke to find their house full of smoke, but managed to make their way out and were taken to the Royal Berkshire Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

The three are expected to make a full recovery.

Firefighters from Dee Road and Caversham Road stations spent an hour tackling the fire after receiving the call at around 5.30am.

A water hose was employed and the firefighters managed to contain the blaze to the boiler.

It is thought an electrical fault started the fire, which caused extensive damage to an airing cupboard and smoke damage to the upstairs of the property.



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More