Banish the winter blues with a Newbury treasure hunt: What's on across West Berkshire and North Hampshire
As we make our way into 2022, it's time to get out and enjoy activities, markets and events across the region.
• The Rock Choir, Parkway Shopping, 1pm-2.30pm. They will be singing some songs in The Debenhams Piazza and raising money for Newbury Speakability.
• JDM (Japanese domestic market) car meet, Podium Place, 1pm-4pm. All vehicles welcome, but special kudos for anything Japanese. Chat cars, coffee & grab a bite of sushi in our supercar showroom-café. Tickets available on the day to pop your vehicle on one of the Podium turntables, alongside a 360 visual of your vehicle.
• Code Ninjas Newbury, 125 London Rd, Newbury, 4.30pm-5pm. Free game building session to experience what it would be like to be a NINJA. Discover how your kids can learn to code while building video games. Everyone welcome.
• The Newbury Treasure Hunt, 2pm. Gather your team of 2-6 people and embark on a journey of cryptic clues and puzzles in and around Newbury town centre. Clues will be aimed at mixed abilities - some more cryptic and engaging aimed at adults, with a few easier ones to keep kids involved. The route will be flat and outdoors, but covers a few kilometers – please get in touch to discuss any specific needs/adaptations. A good knowledge of Newbury is advantageous, but not essential. Adults £5, children (5-16) £3, under 5s free. All money raised will be passed on to Childline. More details via Facebook - Newbury Treasure Hunt.
• Tea dance, Royal British Legion, Pelican Lane, Newbury, 1.30pm -4pm. Ballroom, sequence and Latin. Entry £3. All welcome. Details (01635) 47415 or 865896.
• Sing For Fun is a community choir that meets every Tuesday, Majendie Hall, Speen, 7.30pm-9.30pm. Singing pop, rock and musical theatre. Book a free taster session at www.singforfun.co.uk
• Newbury District Field Club, West Berkshire Museum, The Wharf, Newbury, 2pm. Brickmaking in the Newbury Area -Tony Higgott
• Sustainable Living Market, Thatcham Catholic Hall, 10am-12.30pm. Reduce your plastic use by refilling your products or using plastic free alternatives.
• Woolton Hill Village Market, 10am-1pm. Fresh local produce and crafts, tea, coffee and cakes. Locally sourced meat, vegetables, bakery goods, preserves, plants and crafts.
• Newbury Artisan Market, 10am-4pm. Quality produce, original art, designer crafts & sizzling street food, mixed in with family activities, music & more.
If you are organising a charity or community event and would like to be included in these free listings, please email details – type of event, time, venue, date and contact – to firstname.lastname@example.org