What's on this weekend: Newbury & District Agricultural Society Ploughing match, Pangbourne 10k and Harvest Festivals
A round-up of events taking place this weekend across West Berkshire and North Hampshire.
• Crafters Market, Compton Village Hall, 1pm-3pm. Woodcrafters, macramé, handmade jewellery, resin art, baked goods and more. Donations at the door. Adultsn£1, children free. In aid of Cancer Research and the Duchess of Kent Hospice.
• Bulb planting, Stroud Green, 10am. Take a trowel and gloves. All welcome. Refreshments provided.
• Newbury Ploughing Match, Fishers Farm, Shefford Woodlands, 9am-3pm. A family day out and a chance to learn a little about ploughing. Organised by the Newbury & District Agricultural Society. For more information visit www.newburyshowground.co.uk or email email@example.com
• Hungerford Jumble Trail, Youth Centre, 11am. If you are having a clear out or have something sell then join the trail. Email Tina firstname.lastname@example.org to join.
• Pangbourne 10k, multiterrain race route though woods and countryside. Children’s races with medals for all runners. Chip timing, cold and hot drinks, snacks and face painting. All profits in aid of Pangbourne Primary School. To enter and details visit pangbourne10k.org.uk
• Harvest Festival Caterpillar Cake competition, St Lawrence Church, Hungerford, 10am. Make a caterpillar cake and take it on Sunday morning – a prize for the best caterpillar cake. www.stlawrenceshungerford.org.uk
• All Age Harvest Celebration, St Mary’s, Tadley, 10.30am with activities from 10am.
• Harvest Festival, St George’s Church, Wash Common, 9.30am and St John’s Church, Newbury, 10am. All age communion. Donations to go to West Berks Foodbank and Newbury Soup Kitchen.
• Hungerford Food & Artisan Market, Croft Field, 10am-1pm.
• If you are organising a charity or community event and would like to be included in these free listings, please email details – type of event, time, venue, date and contact – to email@example.com