Newbury Racecourse prepare for Ladbrokes Winter Carnival with annual Gallops morning
The official countdown to the Ladbrokes Winter Carnival at Newbury starts on Tuesday, November 16 (tomorrow), as the official Gallops morning takes place with some leading contenders on show.
Current co-favourites with the sponsor, Enrilo and Fiddlerontheroof will be present along with leading Ladbrokes Long Distance Hurdle contender and previous winner, Paisley Park.
Champion Trainer Paul Nicholls will also be bringing along Clan Des Obeaux, current favourite for the Ladbrokes King George VI Chase, and Monmiral, who will run in the Betfair Fighting Fifth.
Nicholls commented: “We have always supported this morning and think it’s a great opportunity for us to give these horses a racecourse gallop ten days out from the two-day meeting with thanks to Newbury and Ladbrokes for putting it on.”
The morning has grown in success over the last five years and this year will welcome back the 300 Newbury Racecourse Annual Members who could not attend in 2020 as a result of the pandemic.
Clerk of the course, Keith Ottesen, said: “The gallops morning has become a key event in the build up to the two-day meeting and every year we have welcomed leading contenders, media and our annual members.
“It’s proved to be quite a fascinating morning previously and we are looking forward to seeing some of the Ladbrokes Trophy contenders ahead of the contest in just under two weeks’ time.”
The list of confirmed gallopers:
- Paul Nicholls – Enrilo (Ladbrokes Trophy)/Kapcorse (Handicap Chase)/Clan Des Obeaux/Monmiral
- Emma Lavelle – Paisley Park (Ladbrokes Long Distance Hurdle)
- Kerry Lee – Demachine (Ladbrokes Trophy)
- Gary Moore – Full Back (Ladbrokes Trophy)
- Nicky Henderson – Epatante/Brave Eagle (Ladbrokes Trophy)/Jonbon/Mister Coffey/On The Blind Side
- Colin Tizzard – Copperhead (Ladbrokes Trophy)/Fiddlerontheroof (Ladbrokes Trophy)/Lostintranslation
- Christian Williams – Kitty’s Light (Ladbrokes Trophy)
- Harry Fry – Metier (Ladbrokes Intermediate Hurdle, registered as the Gerry Feilden)/ Boothill
- Milton Harris – Danny Whizzbang (Ladbrokes Trophy)