A FORMER Thatcham vicar who counselled school-age children took a “wholly inappropriate” interest in their sex lives, Reading Crown Court has heard. The Rev Peter Jarvis, now of Clares Green Road, Spencers Wood, denies 12 charges relating to four children – two girls and two boys – aged from 12 upwards. Jonathan Seely, prosecuting, told jurors how, during his tenure in the parish of Thatcham, 50-year-old Mr Jarvis o gave one child cannabis o encouraged sexual activity between children and bought them condoms o asked a boy to remove his trousers o told one girl he could have sex with her o asked for pictures of ...
POLICE threw a cordon around a Padworth building this morning, ...
Public consultation raises concerns about lorries in Burghfield and Theale carrying radioactive submarine waste
CONCERNS about lorries travelling through Burghfield and Theale carrying radioactive ...
AN EASTBURY woman accused of running a cannabis plantation has ...
Investigation into waiting times launched at Royal Berkshire Hospital
A HEALTHCARE regulator has launched an investigation into patient waiting times at the Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading, followingread more
Picture of the day
Picture by Geoff Fletcher - Autumn apple leaves garden Aldworth
Picture by Geoff Fletcher
CEMETERY fees are to rise in Kingsclere by five per cent from April. The rise was agreed by parish councillors at a recent meeting and, afterwards,
CHILDREN at two Thatcham nurseries helped celebrate two special birthdays last week. Tigers Day Nursery and Tigers Too Day Nursery celebrated their respective 20th and
- Toddler dies in cot tragedy 2,100 views
- Parkway almost ready for Christmas with three new stores opening 1,634 views
- New A339 access to Faraday Road in sight…almost 1,549 views
- Newbury Christmas lights switch on line-up includes Lambourn and Woolton Hill teenage songstresses 725 views
- In this week’s Newbury Weekly News… 585 views
- Family Announcements 487 views
- Newbury company sponsors cancer charity car in memory of late employee 467 views
- Increased security at Thornford Park Hospital following patient’s escape 396 views
- Padworth building cordoned off due to suspicious package 391 views
- Eastbury woman grew cannabis at her home, court told 384 views