go

Smoke logged building at Woolhampton electrical blaze

High pressure fans used to clear the air

Jane Meredith

Reporter:

Jane Meredith

Contact:

01635 886637

49-0106p-Young-Firefighters

A Woolhampton electrical blaze caused a property to be smoke logged yesterday (Tues) afternoon.

Two fire engines from Newbury, a third from Mortimer and fourth from Dee Road, Tilehurst, were called at 2.08pm, to Watermill Court, Bath Road, where a small fire in a fuse board was discovered out on arrival.

Firefighters used high pressure fans to clear smoke from the building, before departing at 2.30pm.

A South Central Ambulance Service (SCAS) spokesperson said a rapid response vehicle was called at 2.18pm, with one patient treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on Newbury Weekly News

Characters left: 1000

News

The Hungerford Club does it again!
All Districts

The Hungerford Club does it again!

It's nominated CAMRA Club of the Year once more

 
St George's Day takes flight in Newbury Market Place
News

St George's Day takes flight in Newbury Market Place

Falconry display and other activities to celebrate patron saint of England

 
News

Every runner's a winner

 
News

EXCLUSIVE: Autistic boy housed with dangerous sex offender

7comments

 
News

Newbury youngsters learn at the school of rock