go

Smoke logged building at Woolhampton electrical blaze

High pressure fans used to clear the air

Jane Meredith

Reporter:

Jane Meredith

Contact:

01635 886637

49-0106p-Young-Firefighters

A Woolhampton electrical blaze caused a property to be smoke logged yesterday (Tues) afternoon.

Two fire engines from Newbury, a third from Mortimer and fourth from Dee Road, Tilehurst, were called at 2.08pm, to Watermill Court, Bath Road, where a small fire in a fuse board was discovered out on arrival.

Firefighters used high pressure fans to clear smoke from the building, before departing at 2.30pm.

A South Central Ambulance Service (SCAS) spokesperson said a rapid response vehicle was called at 2.18pm, with one patient treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on Newbury Weekly News

Characters left: 1000

News

Firefighters called to chimney fire at Upper Woolhampton school
News

Firefighters called to chimney fire at Upper Woolhampton school

Further Newbury call to remove loose tiles from roof of flats

 
Newbury town centre road re-opened after car fire
News

Newbury town centre road re-opened after car fire

Minor blaze due to mechanical fault

 
News

New delivery franchise launches in Newbury and Thatcham

 
News

Calls for better recycling in West Berkshire

 
News

Months of delays added to West Berkshire waste wars resolution

2comments