Thatcham petrol station re-opens after blaze
Car vacuuming unit on forecourt destroyed in fire
A THATCHAM petrol station has re-opened after a fire which destroyed a car vacuuming unit on the forecourt this afternoon (Tues).
Three fire engines, from Newbury, Pangbourne and Kingsclere, were called at 3pm, to the (Texaco) Thatcham Service Station , in London Road.
On arrival, firefighters discovered the blaze, in a car vacuuming unit on the forecourt, had been extinguished by staff.
The fire may have started after someone had used the vacuum cleaner to suck up petrol, according to firefighters at the scene.
The forecourt was evacuated and cordoned off by staff during the blaze.
No-one was hurt.
The incident was closed at 3.45pm.