go

Dog rescued from smoking car at Northcroft Leisure Centre

Blaze breaks out in vehicle parked outside Newbury sports and leisure building

Jane Meredith

Reporter:

Jane Meredith

Contact:

01635 886637

Firefighters rescue dog from smoking car at Northcroft Leisure centre

A DOG was rescued from a smoking car outside Northcroft Leisure Centre in Newbury this afternoon (Wed).

The dog was rescued from the car after fire broke out shortly after mid-day today, creating a dense smoke cloud.

One fire engine was called from Newbury fire station, however firefighters discovered on arrival that someone had already smashed a window to rescue the dog, which was quite small, and also unharmed.

No-one was hurt.

Firefighters used a hosereel to extinguish the blaze, which destroyed the engine compartment.

The cause was a possible electrical fault.

Firefighters left the scene after half an hour.

Leave your comment

Share your opinions on Newbury Weekly News

Characters left: 1000

News

Young Thatcham businesswoman sees her dream realised
News

Young Thatcham businesswoman sees her dream realised

New owner, 23, goes from apprentice to salon owner with help from Natwest

 
Developer applied to add fourth floor onto Bartholomew Street building
News

Developer applies to add fourth floor onto former Bar Sport

More space needed for bigger flats in Newbury town centre site

 
News

Speenhamland Primary School joins academy trust

 
News

Issues affecting Thatcham's senior citizens to be highlighted with MP

 
News

West Berkshire business bosses reveal fears for the future in Brexit survey

1comment